Monday, November 14, 2011

It's the LITTLE Things

Today was like a bad movie.  It had a not-so-great beginning and middle and a great ending.  OK, now that I think of it, I haven't seen any movies that were like that.  But read on, please.

We pregged (pregnancy checked) a little bunch of cows this morning.  The cows pregged up great, but were sure not very cooperative otherwise.  It made for a pretty long morning/afternoon.  When we were finally done pregging and had the cows out to pasture and fed, Matt and I ran home for a quick bite to eat.  And then I was on to feed three other bunches of cows that are pretty far from the house.  I was also planning to gather up an old, lame bull that has needed to go to the sale barn for quite a while when I got back from feeding those cows.  With this time change, daylight was not on my side so things were going to have to go pretty darn good for all of this to work.

Here's how the gathering of that bull needed to go to be perfect...I needed to know exactly where the bull was and it better not be very far from the pen.  He needed to cooperate and literally walk straight into the pen from the pasture.  There needed to be enough daylight for me to be able to see to back the trailer into where we load and I needed to back in perfectly the first try.  And the bull needed to load without much prodding.

Let me also tell you that I was loading this bull from our place, not Dad's.  We have only lived here a year and the pens and facilities leave a little (ok, a lot) to be desired.  We're working on it, but it takes time and money. We do not have an abundance of either.

So there were a lot of things that could go wrong.  But nothing and I mean NOTHING did.  It went perfectly.  PER-FECT-LY.  That does not happen in my world.  Things sometimes go pretty well or not so bad or "at least we got it done".  But things never go perfectly.  But today, something did.  Hallelujah!!! 

It really is the little things that make me happy...

No comments:

Post a Comment