Saturday, March 27, 2010

Today is the first day

Ok, so it begins....I called my blog "confessions of a (real) cowgirl, because that's what I am. I am a cowgirl in the Sandhills of Nebraska, also known as God's Cattle Country. I am a fourth generation rancher where my great grandfather started with a homestead 100 years ago this year. We do what we do here because we love it. We love the land more than almost anything on this earth. We love the cattle almost as much as we love the land. We will do whatever it takes to save one baby calf......that being said, let me say that I am an animal lover and truthfully, I don't like to think about the fact that eventually someone has to kill and consume the "product" that I worked pretty damn hard to keep alive at some point. But, if someone doesn't consume that "product", I am pretty much out of a job. So, please, if you are reading this....EAT BEEF!! lot's of it.

I don't know if I fit the mold most people would expect when they think of a female in the ranching world. I don't mind getting my hands dirty but I like for them to come clean too. I go to the salon to have my hair cut and colored on a regular basis and I wear makeup everyday. But I am no diva...it isn't uncommon for my jeans to be pretty dirty and for me to wear them a second (ok, let's be honest here, and a third or fourth) day. I can cuss like a sailor, but I love the Good Lord and know HE is the reason I am here on this earth and get to do what I do. I thank Him every day for all that I have. Because more than most professions, I see just what He does. I see everyday miracles on a very regular basis. I am likely to quote scripture in this blog, so if you are one of those people that doesn't want to be "preached" at, this might not be the blog for you.....but then again, it might not hurt you to have a read.

My plan for this blog is to tell you a little about my way of life and along the way, give some insight into some of the things that I see in the world. I truly do live a blessed life and I am very, very grateful for all that I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment